Of all national holidays, Labor Day is perhaps held dearest to the hearts of workers. It is dedicated to those of us who work hard to make a living every day. You know that what means? Three day weekend!
If you are looking for a bit of adventure on your days off, there are a few destinations you may want to check out for some enticing annual festivities and events for Labor Day.
Labor Day Events You Don’t Want to Miss
- Pine Mountain, GA – If you are fan of hot air balloons and live music, the Callaway Gardens festival may be right up your alley. Featuring balloon rides and other activities, this event is fun for the whole family. Starting Friday the 30th and running through the 1st, there is plenty of time to kick back and enjoy good company.
- Marietta, GA – Every year, hundreds of art lovers attend “Art in the Park,” an art show that features work from over a hundred artists. Located in GloverPark, you can spend the day strolling around looking at painted and sculpted creations, as well as learn some pointers from the pros.
- Louisville, KY – The annual WorldFest runs all Labor Day weekend, and is a grand celebration of the city’s culture and history. With lots of good eating, shopping and performances, your weekend is bound to fly by!
- NC Fresh Catch – Seafood lovers listen up! The town of Durham, NC hosts an annual Labor Day event that sports loads of fresh seafood entrees and a farmer’s market devoted specifically to BBQ fans. What’s better than live music and fresh food off the grill?
- Myrtle Beach – if you are going to be passing through South Carolina and want to find a place to relax, be sure to pay a visit to the GrandPark and Forbes Court at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach. This event holds the title for being the state’s official BBQ competition, but has more than enough activities to keep both children and adults entertained for hours. Don’t miss the nightly fireworks show either!
Everyone needs to escape from the daily grind every once in a while, so reserve a charter flight and head somewhere fun this Labor Day. The folks in the South sure know how to throw a good party!